Ekiti Market's Vendors policies
- About the policy; purpose; and application
- Ekiti Market remedies for vendors breaches
- Breaches that result in financial penalty
- The amount of financial penalty
- How we apply and communicate financial penalties to vendors
- Further instructions
About the penalty policy
Ekiti market strives to maintain quality product across various categories in other for our customers to shop with trust and confidence. We have a range of policies, guidelines, terms and conditions directed towards maintaining our standards
In an event where vendors fail to comply with policies, guidelines, terms and conditions, we reserve the right to apply penalties
The purpose of this policy is to ensure transparency in dealing with every. Penalty
- Remedies available to Ekiti Market for a breach of the terms and conditions, policies and guidelines
- Breaches subjected to financial penalties.
- Level of financial penalties that may be applied
- How we apply and communicate financial penalties
This policy applies to all vendors selling on Ekiti Market
Our remedies for vendor’s breaches
Ekiti market may apply financial penalty in respect of the following
- Quality control failures
- Sale of counterfeit product and
- Sale of restricted product
BREACHES THAT RESULTS TO FINANTIAL PENALTIES
Quality control failure
Ekiti market operate strictly on quality control procedure and any breach in this term will impose a penalty fee of N2,000 in all product that fails quality control checks, including for any of the reasons listed below
Quality control failure reason
- Wrong item: Fulfill an item different from what was ordered
- Defective item: An items not working in line with specifications, item missing parts, broken seals or stains
- Used/Refurbished item: Items that have previously been used.
- Counterfeit product: We prohibit the sale of counterfeit product on Ekiti Market and we will swiftly remove such products from the supply chain. We will impose a penalty fee of N10,000 in every counterfeit item that we discover
Prohibited or restricted products
These are product that will never be sold of Ekiti Market due to illegally, Any breach on this will amount to the penalty of N50,000 on vendor in respect to any prohibited product discover
Ekiti market may periodically review and amend the level of the financial penalties applied
How we apply and communicate financial penalties to sellers
We will communicate with our vendors through mail on any breaches and related penalties applied to their slot and also bit will be visible on their account
If you are a vendor and you have further questions on the policy, or penalties fee charged to you, please contact the management
- Products that are prohibited from sales on EkitiMarket or subject to restriction:
- How vendors will identify such product;
- How EkitiMarket detect such product to prevent their sales:
- Consequences of violation of policy.
- Used products
- Dangerous products
- Counterfeit products
- Product that require proof of authenticity in order to distribute or sell
- Products that requires a license for import; and restricted products maybe sold subject to the seller providing Ekiti Market with the appropriate of license/ authority to sell, which may include: a local regulatory permit, an import license, letter of permit from manufacturer or authorized distributor.
- Product creation: when vendors upload their products, the products are subjected to approval by Ekiti Market before is it published, vendors will receive notification of all prohibited or restricted products that are uploaded.
- Product content updates: Edits to product are subject to approval by Ekiti Market before they are published on the website.
- Physical Inspection: We conduct physical inspection of product for our vendors who are willing to be verified, provided they have a warehouse, shop and store. This will enable them to have a verified badge on their product. (Verified vendors product are trust and reliable for customer use).
- Report: we encourage all buyers, brands and manufacturers who have concerns about the sale of prohibited and restricted products to notify us through our contact details provided below.
- Delivering the stock to the relevant law enforcement authority, without reimbursement to the seller and at the seller’s cost
- Suspending or terminating the seller’s shop on EkitiMarket;
- Withholding all payments to the seller and / or
- Commencing legal action against the seller (the sale of unsafe or illegal products may also lead to criminal prosecution).